Sequence of painting


One of my quilts, which I sold this weekend (!), was a fairly simple design.  I started today by laying it out again to get the dimensions and angles for a 24" version.  Everything points at a center line or a corner.  Figuring it out the second time went well... I even found an error in my original piece that I can fix today... go figure.

This time I'm going to use a new painting sequence.  Starting with the yellow (lightest color) I'm going to paint past the lines with no tape.  Then I'll proceed in darker colors while, again, painting across the lines except along the yellow.  This to reduce the paint buildup along taped edges between cells.  That's hard to avoid when painting everything against taped edges. I've tried sanding those edges down, but that's extra work and doesn't always succeed.



More to follow.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to design selections for classes

Jeff's tips for painting barn quilts