BQ's aren't selling?

 

Sales is a complicated process... I quit my day-job in 1989 (plant manager at $65000/year) to go into sales... cold turkey.

In a good year I cleared $100,000, but it took time.

If you don't want to study sales, you're going to limit how much you can earn.  And, it's not about being a used car (stereotype) sales guy.  It's about listening, learning and fulfilling.

You will create, from time to time, a Barn Quilt that will sell itself. People just cant write a check fast enough. You need to add 50% to the price tag and count your blessings, but that's rare.



This is my best seller.  The colors inspire motion and create feelings.  All sales are emotional. If they are in love with the item they will write a check.  If they aren't in love with it you couldn't give it to them.

Selling well comes from being able to create that emotion in a person.  That's done with questions, not with talking.  "Where could you see this around your property?"  "Does this remind you of something?"

I could go on for hours about how I spent my first two years in sales learning about the Psychology of Selling. (Brian Tracy, Author)  Somewhere I also listened to a tape series about the color of sales.  Red means stop.  Green means money, blue inspires happiness... Why didn't your all red painting sell but your Notre Dame green Irish looking quilt flies off the peg?  Go figure.


I'll leave it at that for now, but keep learning and enjoy more sales!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to design selections for classes

Jeff's tips for painting barn quilts