Work bench vs kitchen table.

 I'm not saying that you can't do barn quilts at the kitchen table, but a dedicated work space can be a real blessing. A friend gave me a fold-up work bench with a couple clamps 5 years ago. It has been handy for many projects and works great for barn quilts. I can clamp the board to the tabletop and paint to my heart's content.  All I really have to do is rotate the work as I finish sections to put a new section in the best place for my right-handed painting. The kitchen table is convenient for creating layouts and taping, but I need to pack everything up before each meal.


Kitchen Tabletop

Work bench. I know it's cluttered, but can you see the surface clamp at the top center?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to design selections for classes

Jeff's tips for painting barn quilts