From the beginning

 Please keep in mind,,, these blogs update at the top, so the bevinning of the story is at the bottom.

Let me walk you through creating a quilt, starting with the wood.  I'll come back and add photos as they get transferred to my computer.

This morning I went to the lumber yard and purchased a 4'x8' piece of 1/2" thick CDX plywood.  The surface isn't perfect, but it's not expensive ($28) including being cut into sections.  Once I make a few cuts  I will have one 48" square panel, 2 24" square panels, 3 16" panels and , if I decide to go that far, 6 8" square panels.

First step is applying waterproof sealant. This may be overkill, but helps assure the plywood will weather well.  Tomorrow I will apply a primer (any old exterior grade house paint) and apply painter's caulk to the edges.  That creates additional water seal at the exposed edges.


More to follow. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links to design selections for classes

Jeff's tips for painting barn quilts